1. The Bible. It is God’s Word to man. It is accurate. (2 Timothy 3:16)
2. In one God; eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. (Deut. 6:4; 1 John 5:7)
3. That Jesus Christ, the Savior of mankind, is the only begotten Son of the Father (John 3:16), conceived of the Holy Ghost (Luke 1:35), and born of a virgin (Luke 1:26-35), was crucified, died for our sins, buried, and rose from the dead. (1 Corinthians 15:4) He ascended to heaven (Luke 24:51) and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor. (Romans 8:34)
4. That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23) and salvation of sinners is by grace, (Ephesians 2:8-9) through repentance and faith in the perfect work of Christ on the cross by which we obtain forgiveness of sins. (Luke 24:47; 1 John 1:9)
5. That we are washed, sanctified and justified by faith in the name of Jesus by the Holy Ghost. (1 Corinthians: 6:11)
6. Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people. (2 Corinthians 7:1; 1 Thessalonians 4:7)
7. In the baptism with the Holy Ghost (Acts 1:5,8, 2:39) speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives (Acts 2:1-4, 8:14-17, 19:6)
8. In water baptism by immersion, after repentance, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. (Matthew 28:19)
9. Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement. (Isaiah 53:5; James 5:14; 1 Corinthians 12:9)
10. In Celebrating the Lord’s Table/Supper (1Cor.11:23-32)
11. In the bodily resurrection: eternal life for the righteous and eternal punishment for the wicked. (Mark 9:43-48; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20:10-15)
12. That God created sex as a gift to be shared only in the context of a marriage between one man and one woman. Any sexual activity outside of marriage, such as adultery, fornication, or homosexual activity, is sinful and forbidden by scripture. We believe that an individual’s gender is determined by God and no one should attempt to alter his or her gender by surgery or appearance. (Genesis 2:24; Exodus 20:14; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:24-32; 1 Corinthians 5:1-5; 6:9-20; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-7; Hebrews 13:4)
After you have taken the first step of faith by receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, the next step is baptism.
Why get baptized by immersion? Because Jesus was baptized that way. The word baptize means to go under the water. It best symbolizes a burial and resurrection.
Who should be baptized and when?
Everyone who has believed in Christ: If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. (Romans 10:9-10)
The Local Church is the instrument God uses to equip His people to reach out to this world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Every believer should be part of a Local Church. If we say no to the Local Church in realty we are saying no to Jesus Christ and His eternal plan.
Matt. 16:18 “And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.”
This is His heart, so what Jesus wants us to do is to build His church, not just have (go to) church. We need each other to fulfill the call and plan of God on our lives.
What makes a Member of the Church? Today’s Church has been weakened by those who are not accountable to anyone. This is not God’s way. The only time in the New Testament when we see individuals not belonging to a Local Church was when they had been disciplined by the Leaders of that Church (Matt. 18:17; Titus 3:10).
1. The first condition, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ – Acts 5:14, 11:24; Rom. 10:9-10.
2. There must be a practical expression of membership; believers are not only added to the Lord, but also to the Church – Acts 2:41-47.
3. In the Bible, we are taught that we are part of both the Church and the Local Church – 1 Cor. 1:9.
4. We enjoy fellowship with each other – 1 John 1:3, 6-7.
5. As Christians we cannot expect to receive all the benefits of the Church without being fully committed and taking up our responsibilities.
In order for us to be effective in the Kingdom of God, we need to be compatible having the same DNA. We understand that not everyone is one hundred percent compatible, but in order to work together; there must be a good percentage of compatibility.
So we invite you to go through our membership classes then decide for yourself if this is the place where God wants you to be. I am looking forward to serving our Lord Jesus Christ together!